Housing Block Generator
The Caesar 3 Housing Layout builder script.
Crassus Pauper, one of our forum regulars, was kind enough to help us out with an intricate little Java Script that will assist you in making housing layouts, like the ones presented in this section of the Strategy pages.
How does it work?
- Type in the items in the Character-Input text area
- Click on The button labeled “Image”
- See Legend for all supported glyphs and the assigned characters. Note the image directory must be set to Local Dir.
- If you want to save your work, cut and paste your character input into a text file
- the program scans from top/left to bottom/right, therefore the following two inputs will produce the same output:
How do I get it into the forum?
- Click on the Forum Directory button (“Forum-Dir”)
- Generate HTML-Code with HTML-Code
- Cut the code from the Code-Output text area ([CTRL]+[A] then [CTRL]+[C]) and paste it into your post ([Ctrl]+[V]).
- Walls, towers, docks, fishyards and military glyphs are not supported in this version.
- The size is restricted to 40 rows by 40 columns