Just finished playing this map with the brand new Augustus 3.0.1! Such an awesome new release, with so many amazing upgrades. GamerZach has a great video on his youtube channel showing the new features of Augustus 3.0.1 if you want to know more about these updates.
This is again not fully a practice map since some importing is required, but still a relaxed gameplay with some new things to learn with the release of the new Augustus. For example Oracles are now considered monuments and placing an oracle in every 2x2 corner is simply not practical anymore.
The new release somewhat encourages the player to enable the "global labor pool" with its new and complicated city sentiment factor which is hard to manage when you have tents in rural areas, at least for me anyways. A saved file with some 15k population is included but you need to enable this setting before loading it.
The map features the following:
- No military activity; no earthquakes
- 3 types of food, 2 types of wine
- Good trade options
- Vine/Wine need to be imported
- Reasonable Caesar requests every couple of years, each granting you 10 favor points
Optional objectives for Augustus players:
- Build at least 2 monuments
- Have at least 40% of your population live in villas/palaces