Rebel Lugdunum, in its 8371st year, after running without intervention for 7570 years. Personal funds are 10014300 Dn. Its design and construction are described in the Caesar III Heaven Game Help forum thread "Rebel Lugdunum". Julius v1.6.0 was used most of the time, but Caesar III (from gog.com) was used for 400 years. As far as I know, Rebel Lugdunum is the first "eternal" unmodified career city.
These were my personal goals (the last 11 are for the final city):
* Only trees are deleted (where I failed: 6 gardens were deleted)
* No future history except for defense tests and Massilia route and landslides and no bad water or mine cave in or pit flood
* Very Hard difficulty
* Debt/rescue only after mission requirements except Favor are met
* No cheats
* Personal funds are not used (although can be collected)
* No festivals and no blessings
* All farms are on the plateau
* Wolves are not "fenced"
* Only 2 engineer posts
* No protestors
* Gatehouses are only in external walls
* No forums
* Labor is not micromanaged
* No requests are fulfilled (trolgu's idea)
* Culture 90
* Prosperity 100
* Grand (or perhaps briefly large) insulae are the poorest houses
* There is at least one grand villa
* Shows in all entertainment venues at least part of the time
* Senate, governor palace, and some best houses are close together
* Senate, markets, bathhouses, and fountains are upgraded
* A gatehoused wall blocks every approach to the city
* A legionary fort is near every approach to the city
* All roads, including the Road to Rome, are connected
* People give best comments (such as "This city is fantastic!")
There may not have been temporary large insulae, but the devolution of grand insulae just one level during the free run would probably not be noticed.
Victory can be achieved in a year, by sending several gifts. This is one way: set the salary to 0, set the tax rate to 25%, make 4 lavish gifts to Rome, wait until Dec of the next year, and make 4 more lavish gifts to Rome, with these results:
There are also 15 progressive saves from May of the 1st year and Dec of the first 14 years.