posted 11-10-22 20:46 ET (US)
I'm not sure if anyone has come across this, but I decided to patch the game since I hit a huge issue with the mill/storage link bug on one mission.
The problem is the game does not start using the patched exe. No errors, it just doesn't load. It works fine prior to patching (I've re-installed to check). I'm using the original disk version - any ideas what might be stopping this?
posted 11-11-22 17:16
2 / 3
Thanks. Out of interest where is the search function as I couldn't see it?
I'm sure it was the right patch but I tried the process again just in case and the same thing happened.
I'm on windows 11. With a couple of the compatibility settings set up the game runs fine without the patch (apart from the bugs). As soon as the exe is version 1.0.1 it stops.
Unfortunately as it's the original disk version it's certainly 1.0.0 on install. It also says this on the exe before patching.
The lack of CD drives you mention is exactly why I wanted to get it done before a new build since it has been in my backlog for nearly 2 decades. I finished Pharoah & Cleo earlier this year for the same reason.
To be fair I have an external drive now anyway for windows installs but I'm on the last campaign so would like to see it through now.
I'll keep on with 1.0. I had to do one mission with a single mill and I already know I've got to go back to that town.