This is Lindum map created with a long list of criteria in the above mentioned post, Large Lindum in the C3 game help forum. There are 3 files in the .zip d/l. One game near the start, in the middle, and near promotion. The key criteria used were:
- always VH difficulty level
- no debt, no rescue gift, perfect favor, no salary and no gifts
- no cheats (free roads, multiple barracks ect)
- finish with 12 000 + population (the population of 11818 is shown on the victory screen . If the city is left to run the population passes 12 000 in Jan 116 and caps at 12818)
- stable for 5 years after completion
- no housing smaller than Grand Insulae
- 100 culture and prosperity
- win in the earliest year possible
This map did have a number of modifications while playing, meaning that the criteria of "limited deletes" in the forum post was not satisfied. Additionally, one gatehouse (southern most) is within 8 tiles of the edge of the map, and one tile of wall (NNE above rocks) could be attacked by more than 180 degrees, minor deviations from satisfying the "no convex corners" idea. These slight imperfections do not deter from the appeal of leaving space away from the map edges.
It is interesting that the attacks are best handled by completely ignoring them, the towers are sufficient to handle the attacks without losing a single tile of wall.
City stats at promotion shown above with 47331 in funds. If the game is left to run for 5 years only clicking messages, the city ends up with