This scenario is for ADVANCED PLAYERS. It is the first mission level for already experienced players. A lot of new things and challenges have been added to this map.
NEW BUILDINGS are available : COLOSEUM and LION PIT (this will provide new type of entertainment); being an architect, you're also able now to build GATEHOUSES in order to restrict your walkers ; in order to keep up the desirability of your city, now you are able to build different kinds of STATUES.
But the biggest challenge on this level will be the DESERT MAP !!!
This scenario offers 3 types of food, but the lack of wine prevents villas from buiding. The trading is simple. At this level you have only sea trading routes available. And you have scarcity of farmland. The farmland can be found only around the oasis, so use it wisely.
For the first time you'll have some herd present.
Mission details :
Starting year : BC 418
Rank : Architect
Starting funds : 6000 Dn.
Rescue Loan : 3000 Dn.
This province is rich in resources.
Military activities : NONE
1. Playing on a desert map, this means that you have to make 7x7 housing blocks instead of 9x9 blocks.
2. Use more prefects, because houses burn down more easily on desert ground. For every 7x7 block, put 2 prefectures (each one of them on the opposite corners of the block). Next to the first prefecture build an engineer's post and next to the other - a doctor's clinic. Clinics are needed because otherwise your people may suffer from illnesses, plagues or contaminated water.
3. Build gatehouses at the exit corners of your housing blocks to prevent walkers from wandering across your city. Only walkers with certain destinations will be able to pass through the gatehouses.
4. You have 2 trade SEA ROUTES on this level. In order to speed up the trading income, build TWO DOCKS instead of one - by doing that the ships won't need to wait one after another.
5. Build equal number of temples to each god at the beginning of the game and do it periodically. This will provide your city with the gods' blessings more sooner. Don't piss off Mars or some indiginous people will attack your city, inspired by him. And the only defence you'll have against their attacks will be your prefects and gladiators.