This is the first of all my Career cities following my personal rules. I will slowly add them as I follow my career. I play the peaceful and the military path simultaneously.
My personal rules are:
1. Hard difficulty
2. No free tricks (cheats)
3. No personal funds, no festivals, no future knowledge
4. I don't require all roads connected
5. Mission completed reasonably fast (preferably within minimum peace time but not needed)
6. All requests should be fulfilled, so Favor is not an issue.
7. Population, Culture as close to the requirements as possible. I don't see the need for higher pop in C3 and culture parks are ugly
8. Prosperity as high as reasonably achievable without advanced building
9. No imported foods an no moving of foods within city. This limits my max housing level but I am happy with this.
10. No 2nd type of food for workers if it can be avoided, so preferably Large Insulae.
11. If I can't make Large Insulae then preferably Small Casa, but this is no hard rule. Won't accept lower than Small Casa, even for isolated houses. So no tents.
12. Elite housing: as high as possible without importing or moving food. Will stick with 1 elite block though
13. All expensive exports maximized
14. City defended with 6 forts preferably 1 Horse, 3 Javelin and 2 Legions
15. As few temples and as many oracles as possible
16. Beautification sometimes
17. Minimum deletions but if I made something wrong, deleting is acceptable
18. City should be fairly stable after victory, but I won't playtest it (at least not now)
Capua is an easy mission. I built 30 Large Insulae in 2 rows. No villa's needed.