Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » scenario editor
Bottom
Topic Subject:scenario editor
deedee1
Pleb
posted 03-10-17 12:18 ET (US)         
I have changed a few things in one of my scenarios. After saving and loading the new version everything is gone from the instructions and the map looks totally wrong. Everything that I was trying to do is remove the boulders so I could get a better protective wall around my city. Now how do I recover and make the scenario usable again ??

Removed email address

[This message has been edited by kach (edited 03-13-2017 @ 04:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
kach
Angel
posted 03-10-17 15:52 ET (US)     1 / 5       
Hi deedee.

For a start, it sounds like you might need to save the textures. I've not used the editor very much but I know that the map does lose textures if you don't save up front. Have a look at this page where it says 'Saving your scenario'.
Pamfafoofle
Pleb
posted 08-28-17 10:17 ET (US)     2 / 5       
I've just been trying out the Scenario Editor today and have encountered the same problem. I'm trying a simple mod to Tingis so that the trade cities offer enough Exotic Goods to be able to upgrade to Grand Mansions. And I've figured out how to do this...but when I save the scenario (as a different filename from the original) and load it to play, all the introduction text is gone, all the ratings requirements are gone, all the names of the trade cities on the map are gone (but the now-unnamed Latium DOES now trade 20 Salt like I told it to!)...these all appear to be in place when I'm in the original editor mode, and I have no desire to change/remove them, but seem to disappear as I save and quit the editor, and are still erased when I reload the modified scenario in the editor. The Save Textures button seems to preserve everything on the actual playing field fine; it's all the metadata and victory conditions stuff which just vanishes from the scenario.
kach
Angel
posted 08-28-17 16:54 ET (US)     3 / 5       
Hi Pamfafoofle

If you have a look in the Caesar IV\Data\Scenarios folder you'll see that there are other files that belong to the scenario. The missing information is held in the .cs and .xml files. So you'll need to copy those, and you'll probably need to edit information in the files to change the name of the scenario. You can use Notepad to do this (but I wouldn't use Word).
Pamfafoofle
Pleb
posted 08-28-17 19:10 ET (US)     4 / 5       
Yep, that would be the problem. Simply copying and renaming the files sort of fixed it, but did still give a scripting error message, that seemed to sort itself out as soon as I interrupted the game with Ctrl+Alt+Del. But now that I'm convinced my edits are safe and won't otherwise corrupt the scenario, I decided just to bypass the problem by saving over the original Tingis scenario instead of making a copy that's named differently. Thanks for your help.
Mechanic_2
Pleb
posted 06-17-18 02:02 ET (US)     5 / 5       
Deedee, Pam,
. . . . I know that I am late to the party but did you get your questions answered?
Thanks,
rich!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames