You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Just cleared all the C3 campaign missions, what is the next best game? #2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Just cleared all the C3 campaign missions, what is the next best game? #2
FrankC3
Pleb
posted 02-03-20 22:44 ET (US)         
I wish I could delete my other post (maybe a mod can?) since I can't reply to it anymore. Anyway, can't play Pharaoh =( so looking for something else.
Thanks to all the awesome people on this site, I've cleared the c3 stock scenarios. It was truly an amazing ride and now I'm looking for other city-building, "god" games, with similar challenge, depth, and hopefully fun.

Which do you recommend next?
Brugle: I like Pharaoh about as well as C3.
Pharaoh it is!

Edit: turns out that Pharaoh is extremely buggy and keeps crashing. I've tried everything on google for hours and willing to admit that it won't work on my computer. Any other good games to try?
AuthorReplies:
maydayp
Pleb
posted 02-03-20 23:54 ET (US)     1 / 3       
If your copy of Pharaoh is a physical CD, I'd suggest checking out the tech form here for help, and if none of the existing threads help, post your problems with it crashing there.

If that doesn't work, you can go to gog.com and purchase a digital version (unlimited downloads), which can run on most/all systems (I have it on win 10. only rarely have I had to fiddle with a setting after windows updates to get it to work again). It's very frequently on sale, and only $10 otherwise. (It's on sale more often then we remember to post in the GOG thread)

So, if you are potentially going to buy a game anyway, why not purchase a new version of Pharaoh.

Also, you could try downloaded maps for C3, while you wait for other suggestions. I personally haven't found a city building/civilization management game I like as much as pharaoh. (but then again, I hate managing armies and/or dealing with other parties).
Loic2402
Pleb
posted 02-04-20 02:01 ET (US)     2 / 3       
Zeus Master of Olympus, of course ! It is the best
Gweilo
Angel
posted 02-05-20 11:35 ET (US)     3 / 3       
You should try Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom. It has many enhanced game mechanics like programmable gates and roadblocks that make city management less frustrating without losing any challenge.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames