You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by kach, Gweilo

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » How to raise security?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to raise security?
RobO
Pleb
posted 11-19-06 15:52 ET (US)         
Just wait?

Build more prefects? In the populated areas or also elsewhere? I have a good deal prefects already.

Worship Jupiter? I already get the "Crime abolished" blessing regularly.

I'm in Carthago (a much uglier version than the ones shown here) and I'm approaching the required ratings and making a lot of money. But my security rating is 0, and the advisor claims that there has been crimes recently. The crime overlay is not informative and I'm at a loss what to do.

Now that I think about it - it seems the manual said something about crimes being connected to happiness. Is that it? Perhaps I'm not producing quite enough of some vital necessity. Those incessant demands for food might cause problems. I do produce quite a lot of food but it has a fair distance to go before it reaches my plebs.

AuthorReplies:
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 11-19-06 16:35 ET (US)     1 / 9       
Build a wall around your city

"I have met the enemy, he is us". Pogo
JimMRooney
Pharaolympics 2000 Competitor
posted 11-19-06 20:00 ET (US)     2 / 9       
Hi, RobO. In an unwalled city, you should be able to get a security rating of 50 with just prefects. I do it all the time.

The thing is that once you start having crimes, it lowers the security rating. It will start to rise again, but will get knocked down if you have more crimes. You are on the right track in your guess about what causes crimes. Unhappiness eventually leads to crimes. Find out what is making people unhappy. Lack of food is usually a good guess. Also watch unemployment levels. Something else that helps is giving plebes access to education; I give them school coverage.

RobO
Pleb
posted 11-20-06 00:40 ET (US)     3 / 9       
Thanks.

I do have walls already. And my school coverage is quite good IIRC. But I had a fairly long period with high unemployment, and incessant food demands forcing me to stockpile one type of food for periods of time.

I'll check it out - it'll take a few days as I'm going on a business trip.

Oh, btw. - do prefects affect crime at all?

[This message has been edited by RobO (edited 11-20-2006 @ 00:41 AM).]

kach
Angel
posted 11-20-06 02:13 ET (US)     4 / 9       
Yes, prefects help reduce crime. I don't know how it works. Maybe they arrest any criminals they meet?
Pecunia
CBH Seraph
posted 11-20-06 04:03 ET (US)     5 / 9       
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think prefects can't completely prevent crimes from occurring. After all, you wouldn't arrest anyone who hasn't committed any crime yet, would you?

One thing to notice is that if an enemy torches or attempts to destroy a building (even if the building is saved by prefects and/or engineers), it counts as a crime. After 6 months without crime, your security rating starts to rise again at a pace of 4 points per month.

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
RobO
Pleb
posted 11-22-06 14:59 ET (US)     6 / 9       

Quote:

After all, you wouldn't arrest anyone who hasn't committed any crime yet, would you?

No, I wouldn't, but Caesar might

Quote:

After 6 months without crime, your security rating starts to rise again at a pace of 4 points per month

That could well be my problem - I might be in that 6 month period and not get any feedback that tells me so. Those texts you get on the ratings advisor screen aren't always helpful.
RobO
Pleb
posted 11-25-06 12:37 ET (US)     7 / 9       
The problem was food. Or lack of same. Or, to be more precise, getting my food from the fields to the plebs. Once I remedied those supply problems (and raised the salaries for good measure) crime subsided and security eventually rose to 40, letting me close the scenario by sending a gift to Caesar.
arjunsuperstar
Pleb
posted 07-08-20 07:45 ET (US)     8 / 9       
Thanks for the school tip...it really helped rise the security in no time

[This message has been edited by arjunsuperstar (edited 07-08-2020 @ 07:48 AM).]

lisa1212
Pleb
posted 07-08-20 16:04 ET (US)     9 / 9       
I recently completed this. Prosperity was 100, Security 81.

The key is this, with the amount of trade Denarii you can make, my final funds being 41 short of 55,000 you can buy off the raiders, which takes care of that.

The next thing is the city walls effect, which only applies to Equite and Patrician housing. Therefore, I sited my pleb housing above the water pool and used the mass farmland there to produce wool and olives for Rome, along with grain and vegetables and placed the walled in housing bellow the pool with its farms to the left above the water there.

Below that, and right of the sand pits, I placed a large glass industry followed by an oil industry with trade docks far right of them. Those two trade docks along with the oil exports depot (Cyren) supply the exotic goods.

One other thing. I cut both those housing off from one another by deleting connecting roads and any pre-placed damaged buildings from the map.

To reduce unemployment, I placed 3 armour workshops (none of which had access to wool which I stockpiled for requests), which I mothballed on and off as needed.

You should not have stockpiled the food, simply place a lot of farms and more granaries to hold it.

Two helpful ways to raise security:

1 Place a Balista, a courthouse.

2 Place a forum, that way you can see your ratings when you click on it.

Also have three Jupiter temples, which you will need anyway.

[This message has been edited by lisa1212 (edited 07-08-2020 @ 04:15 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames