You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Horse's Head
Moderated by Reckless Rodent

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.115 replies
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » First ever C9 on CBH mafia game thread!
Bottom
Topic Subject:First ever C9 on CBH mafia game thread!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
VisMaior
Pleb
posted 06-20-06 05:51 ET (US)         
All is not well in Cee-nineville. mafia has infiltrated your village! Its up to you to root out the scum via lynching.

The setup is one of the following (decided with random.org)

5 townies, 2 mafia. (25%)
4 townies 2 mafia 1 cop (25%)
4 townies 2 mafia 1 doc (25%)
3 townies 2 mafia 1 cop 1 doc (25%)

The townie role email looks like this:

Quote:

You are a townie. At day you may talk in thread and vote for someone.
You win if all scum have been eliminated. Any questions, email me!

The cop email looks like this:

Quote:

You are the cop. At nightyou may email me the name of a player, and you find out if they are scum or not.
You may not target yourself.
Any questions, email me!

the doc email looks like this:

Quote:

You are the doc. At night you may email me a name that player wont die. You may not target yourself.
Any questions, email me!

Confirm in thread!

alive
-------------------
da_hobo
Rayotep replacing Supa_Psyche
Exorsis_C
theferret
Great Cornholio

Dead
-----------------
Centurion_z
Rayotep


signaturally challenged

[This message has been edited by VisMaior (edited 07-04-2006 @ 02:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 13:28 ET (US)     76 / 115       
Valient effort Rayo, but I don't buy it.
Vote Rayotep replacing Supa_Psyche

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 15:29 ET (US)     77 / 115       
Yeah, I bet you don't GC. And that's because you're almost certainly scum. If you weren't, then the 2 real scum would have already jumped in to put the final 2 votes on me and win the game.

I really don't like being in this position. I feel like I was left out to dry. Oh well - I'll just play the cards - er, role - that I'm dealt (or redealt, I guess).

Anyway, I'm (now) the doc. Not that I'll get to use this new found power tonight but hopefully I can at least use my role claim to knockout one of the two scum and give the town a chance to win.

My guess would be that GC is one of them (for the reason stated above). He only needs two more votes to lynch me. If someone (non-scum) votes to lynch me, I have no doubt his cohort will immediately jump in to finish the job. Then the scum wins. Period. Becuase going in to night, it'll be 2 townies to 2 mafia. Since the doc (i.e. me) is dead, there's no way they won't be able to kill one of the 2 remaining townies. And then the game is over. Mafia wins 2 to 1.

There is folks. Either you believe me or you believe GC.

Obviously, I will

Vote Great Cornholio.


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

Exorsis C
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 15:41 ET (US)     78 / 115       
Wow, I'm really confused here. I don't really know what to think. I'll think about it for a while and then come back with my vote. As Ray stated: If we mislynch today, the scum will win and I don't want to be the one to cast the fatal vote on the wrong person. So, for now anyway: no vote.

Lady E of The Library

Don't put your mouth into motion before your brain is in gear.
You have not failed until you stop trying.

Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 16:43 ET (US)     79 / 115       
UnVote Rayotep replacing Supa_Psyche

OK Doc. I'll believe you for now. This is going to be hard because we need a unamious vote from all of the pro-town players to lynch scum. Any scrap of info we can get would be helpfull. And yes Rayo you were hung out to dry IMO.


Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 17:26 ET (US)     80 / 115       
I appreciate the kind words, GC. I must admit I'm a little confused now. Either you're not scum or this is an attempt to come across as a townie until one of the actual townies votes to lynch me (or the other townie) and you and your scum buddy can come in for the kill and win the game. For now, I'll assume the former. If that's the case, then 2 of the remaining 3 folks are scum. I don't really get a sense that Exorsis_C is scum but I could be wrong. I also don't really get that feeling from theferret either. In fact, he was really the lone voice in not wanting to lynch Centurion. Of course, that leaves da hobo. Didn't really get a strong scum vibe from him either though.

So . . . my hat's off to the scum. The two of you have done a really good job of hiding your true colors.

At any rate, I'll Unvote Great Cornholio for now.


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 07-05-06 19:18 ET (US)     81 / 115       
I'm a little confused as to why GC voted for Rayo so quickly. I'm getting strong negatives here, but obviously not enough to vote on him yet.

Odds on Rayo being scum/pro-town role; not assuming he has a night action

33/33
33/17
33/17
33/0

Average: 33% chance scum; 17% non scum, night action; 50% non scum no night action.

Assuming a night action:

100/0
66/33
66/33
50/50

71% chance of scum; 29% chance of pro-town, night action.

If, and only if, we have nothing else to go on, the odds on lynching Ray are high.


Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
da hobo
Pleb
posted 07-05-06 20:57 ET (US)     82 / 115       
how do we know that supa didn't jsut ask for a replacement?

"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." - Zappa
VisMaior
Pleb
posted 07-06-06 12:27 ET (US)     83 / 115       
votecount:

voting: none

Not voting: everyone else

Deadline: the minute there were no posts within 48 hours!


signaturally challenged
Exorsis C
Pleb
posted 07-06-06 14:14 ET (US)     84 / 115       
This is really confusing right now. I don't really have any strong suspicions about anyone right now. The more I think the less I know what to do.

Lady E of The Library

Don't put your mouth into motion before your brain is in gear.
You have not failed until you stop trying.

da hobo
Pleb
posted 07-06-06 20:00 ET (US)     85 / 115       
Well, great. This died along with all the other games in the last year.

"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." - Zappa
Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-06-06 23:01 ET (US)     86 / 115       
Then let's do something.

I don't know how theferret came up with his statistics so I can't argue if his odds are right or wrong.

All I know is that I'm the doc.

My gut tells me that GC is scum and here's why:

When he put a vote on me, two more votes didn't immeidately come my way as they should have if he wasn't scum. If had been a townie and put a vote on me, then the two scum would have jumped on me, voted me off, and won the game after killing one of the two remaining townies during the night. But if GC is scum, then they still need someone else to vote to lynch me before his partner in crime can close the deal.

Another telling piece of evidence - when I first put my vote on GC, again no one came rushing in to vote GC off. Had he been a townie and there were 2 scum out there, they would have quickly voted to lynch him and when the game as noted above.

The only way the above scenario doesn't point to GC being scum is that I'm scum. I didn't realize how true my earlier statement was when I said that you either had to believe me or believe GC.

Therefore, I (once again)

Vote Great Cornholio


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 07-07-06 03:29 ET (US)     87 / 115       
I'm with Ray on this one. I think GC is as good a lynch as any we have today. If Ray is lying, though, I'll get him next game.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 10:24 ET (US)     88 / 115       
Ray the reason I voted for you at first is that based on the fact that we knew you had a night action and I figured with no other info you were 70% Scum. When you role-claimed Doc and nobody counter claimed I unvoted. The fact that SCUM didn't rush to lynch you is also telling by that same logic you posted about me.

Quoted from Rayo:

Another telling piece of evidence - when I first put my vote on GC, again no one came rushing in to vote GC off. Had he been a townie and there were 2 scum out there, they would have quickly voted to lynch him and when the game as noted above.

I'm a townie. Ray I kind of believe you are the Doc, I'm always suspicious of ferret but in this game I belive he is a townie. So that leaves Exorsis and da hobo. Exorsis is playing the Clifford role to the tee and da hobo is doing a good job flying under the radar without contributing much and put the 3rd vote on Centy in day 1.

So in order of scumminess IMO:
1. da_hobo
2. Exorsis C
3. Rayotep as Supa_Psyche
4. theferret


Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 07-07-06 11:14 ET (US)     89 / 115       
I had meant to vote in my last post; but I'll hold off for now until EC and hobo post and weigh in.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
Exorsis C
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 16:10 ET (US)     90 / 115       
What can I say? I'm not playing the Clifford, in fact I said earlier that I'm not looking for any advantages due to being new. I just haven't got a clue as to who is telling the truth and who is lying, therefore I haven't known how to reason.

I do however feel that either GC or Rayo is lying, due to the fact that no-one came in and put a second and third vote for either of them. That is strange if niether of them is scum. I just can't make up my mind as to which one I believe. da hobo is also acting a bit strange, putting the third vote on Centy and then acting as if he wanted the day to be over:

Quoted from da hobo in post 66:

Well come on, it's not a weekend or whatever exuse you guys use.

I don't know what to make of that statement, but it does sound a bit suspicious.


Lady E of The Library

Don't put your mouth into motion before your brain is in gear.
You have not failed until you stop trying.

Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 16:29 ET (US)     91 / 115       
Exorsis_C. For a first-timer, I think you're insights are pretty good.

I agree with you - it's highly unlikely that GC and I are both townies. Of course, I know that I'm a townie but you can't be sure of that. But since I know that, I know that GC has to be scum because I've had a vote on him for several hours and if two scum were still out there they certainly would have lynched him by now and won the game.

I also agree with your observation of da hobo. He is acting suspicious. My best guess would be this:

Scum = GC and da hobo
Doc = me
Townies = Exorsis_C and theferret (with a chance that one of you is the Cop).


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 16:36 ET (US)     92 / 115       

Quote:

I know that GC has to be scum because I've had a vote on him for several hours and if two scum were still out there they certainly would have lynched him by now and won the game.

Or you're scum Ray.


Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 16:49 ET (US)     93 / 115       

Quoted from GC, post 92:

Or you're scum Ray.

True. And I've admitted that was a possibility twice now.

But while I've gone over all the possibilities that point to you almost certainly being scum and also admitted that the finger could point to me, all you've really done is say - "oh yeah, well you might scum be too."

No theories, no guesses, no possible scenarios. Just finger pointing.


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 16:52 ET (US)     94 / 115       
Following that thought, Ray are you pushing for a townie to put the second vote on me, then you're scum partner slams the door shut for a scum win?

Facts: We know that Rayotep playing as Supa_Psyche had a night action.
Rayo has claimed to be the Doc.

Supa_Psyche put the 3rd most and most telling vote on Centy.

Rayo who did you "protect" last night as the "Doc" You were killed last night and were a townie. Obviously Supa did not protect you. What was your night action?


Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 17:02 ET (US)     95 / 115       
I didn't have a night action last night.

I found out I was taking Supa's place when I logged onto the forum and found that: first, I was killed last night; & second, I was to take Supa's role. I didn't even know I was the doc until I emailed VisMaior to find out what the hell I was supposed to be. I hadn't received any information about anything until I got a return email with my role. As I said earlier, I felt like I was hung out to dry.

btw: i really liked your edits on the commercial in the arts section - i personally prefered the quick in and out fades over the straight cuts


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

Rayotep
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 17:03 ET (US)     96 / 115       
Sorry for the double post, but I've got to go and pick up my daughter.

If we need to continue our discussion, I'll be back on in a couple hours or so.


Rayotep

One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

It is Ray's nature to post long, (well for politeness sake I'll refrain from using the word faux) logical posts attempting to clear himself of everything - WeaveCaesar

Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 17:04 ET (US)     97 / 115       
That last post was a continuation of my thoughts and not a reponse to Ray's last post. Why is this a him or me debate?

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 17:13 ET (US)     98 / 115       
OK Ray, I'll be here for another hour or so, then I'm off-line and will only check the board a few times this weekend. Thanks for the complement on my work BTW?

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
Exorsis C
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 17:45 ET (US)     99 / 115       
Why it is a him or you debate? Probably since you both seem to be trying very hard to convince the rest of us that the other one is scum. That's the feeling I get when I read your (yours and Rayos) posts.

Another possible answer that just hit me: Maybe you're both scum and are just trying to confuse everyone to the point where one of us decide to vote for someone else and then you both jump in and lynch that person and walk off with victory. It's a possible scenario, isn't it? That could also explain why no-one put a second vote on either one of you.


Lady E of The Library

Don't put your mouth into motion before your brain is in gear.
You have not failed until you stop trying.

Great Cornholio
Pleb
posted 07-07-06 18:25 ET (US)     100 / 115       
Well I'm only trying to show that the same logic Ray is using to convict me, works on him as well.

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames